CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL, INC.
GLOBAL PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Choice Hotels International, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Choice”, “we” or “us”) are committed to providing you with an efficient and customized Internet experience. We are also committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring your Internet experience is secure. That is why we want you to be informed about your privacy choices when you visit our website. This online Privacy and Security Policy describes the information we collect through our websites, how we use that information, and how we protect your personally identifiable information.
Some countries also require notice about other means of collecting personal information. This policy also sets forth our practices for obtaining personal information from other sources, such as written or verbal communications or information collected at a hotel.
Hotels franchised under Choice’s brand (“Franchised Hotels”) are independently owned and operated. Your personal information collected or maintained directly by the Franchised Hotels is not subject to this policy, unless such information has been shared with us. If you book a reservation directly with a hotel and that hotel utilizes our proprietary property management system, your personal information related to that reservation will be transmitted to and processed by Choice.
By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer and processing of your personal information outside the European Economic Area in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
What Is Your Compliance With Safe Harbor?
Choice complies with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Choice has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
In compliance with the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles, Choice commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. For European Union or Swiss citizens with inquiries or complaints regarding this privacy statement, please first contact us at:
Choice Hotels International
Attention: Privacy Officer
6811 E. Mayo Blvd., Suite 100
Phoenix, Arizona 85054
Choice has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Choice, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you that allows us to provide services and content that are customized to your needs. You are anonymous on this site until you provide us with this information, unless you:
access this site from a link in an e-mail we sent you; or
are a Choice Privileges® member or have created a profile and you either login to your account or choose to be remembered via cookies, including on a web-enabled mobile device.
When you use our reservation system, call our toll-free reservation telephone number, become a Choice Privileges member, create an online profile, or purchase a gift card, we collect personally identifiable information that you supply, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, room preference, credit card details and Choice Privileges number. We may also ask for additional information such as an association number (e.g., AAA), corporate account number, or group number.
If you choose to earn airline miles or other third-party loyalty program points from your stay at a Franchised Hotel, we will ask you to provide us your membership number for such loyalty program.
Choice may occasionally conduct sweepstakes and contests that offer you the opportunity to win prizes. As part of entering a sweepstakes, certain personally identifiable information such as name, mailing address, e-mail address and Choice Privileges number may be required.
Children’s Privacy: Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information for persons under the age of 18.
How do we use the information we collect?
We do not sell, trade, rent, or release your personal information to anyone outside our company, contractors, affiliates or Franchised Hotels, other than in compliance with this privacy and security policy. We and our affiliates use the personal information you provide voluntarily to administer our business activities, provide customer service, contact you concerning your stay with a Franchised Hotel, and make other products and services available to you. We share your information with our Franchised Hotels, credit card issuers, and other companies where necessary to complete your transaction. We may also use your information to send you promotional communications by mail or e-mail, or share your information with our business partners.
We maintain a centralized reservations system that retains your personally identifiable information when you make a reservation for a Franchised Hotel via our worldwide accessible websites, our call centers, the Franchised Hotels, and third-party travel agents and travel websites that connect to our reservation system. The personal information collected in the reservation system is needed to secure and process your reservation. Some of your personally identifiable information (including credit card number) will be processed in the United States to complete your transaction and to facilitate the making of future reservations. Only that personal information which is reasonably required to facilitate your reservations is collected and shared between Choice and the Franchised Hotels.
We will use your email address to send a confirmation and, if necessary, might use the other information to contact you regarding your reservation. We will also use your email address to:
send you a pre-arrival message summarizing your confirmation details and providing other information about the area and the Franchised Hotel;
notify you about special offers and promotions; and
send you periodic satisfaction or market research surveys.
Marketing, Sweepstakes & Contests
We may use your personal information to send you via e-mail, telephone or postal mail promotions, surveys, third party offers, sweepstakes and contests.
Choice Privileges Members
If you are a Choice Privileges member, we will use your personal information to perform certain administrative tasks necessary for the administration and operation of the program such as: (1) allowing you to earn points for staying at various Franchised Hotels; and (2) allow Franchised Hotels to be aware of the Choice Privileges points earned by members so that such hotels can award and redeem points.
We may also use your personal information to send you via e-mail, telephone or postal mail program details, account summaries, satisfaction surveys, promotions, third party offers, sweepstakes and contests. We may also contact you about applying for the Choice Privileges Visa® card by Barclays Bank.
Choice Privileges members&
Effective Date: December 2017
This privacy statement applies to www.atlantic-ottobrunn.de, owned and operated by Comfort Hotel Atlantic Muenchen Sued. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our website: www.atlantic-ottobrunn.de. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We might amend this privacy statement from time to time, so visit this page regularly to stay up to date.
The type of personal information we collect.
The types of personal information that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number, and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date, and security code);
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation. If this data can identify you as a natural person, this data is considered personal information which is subject to this privacy statement.
You can always choose what personal information (if any) you want to provide to us. If you decide not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Why do we collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: We use your personal information to complete and manage your online reservation.
- Customer Service: We use your personal information to provide customer service.
- Guest Reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to select the accommodations that fit them best.
- Marketing Activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, mail, phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodations again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review of your experience with our website.
- Legal Purposes: In certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving Our Services: Finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal basis:
- Performance of a Contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we'll use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and manage that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us at any of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
- Booking.com: We have teamed up with Booking.com B.V., located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (www.booking.com) (hereafter Booking.com) to offer you our online reservation services. While we provide the content to this website and you make a reservation directly with us, the reservations are processed through Booking.com. The information you enter into this website will therefore also be shared with Booking.com and its affiliates. This may include personal information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking. To find out more about the Booking.com corporate family, visit About Booking.com.
- BookingSuite: Your personal information may be shared with BookingSuite B.V. located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands (suite.booking.com), the company which operates this website. BookingSuite will provide your personal information to Booking.com for the purposes described above.
- Third-party Service Providers: We may use service providers to process your personal information strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating reservation payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
- Competent Authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
What security procedures are put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
How can you control your personal information?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at the email address stated below. Include "Request personal information" in the subject line of your email to speed things up.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. Email or write to us using the contact details below. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Comfort Hotel Atlantic Muenchen Sued, Rosenheimer Landstrasse 90, 85521 Ottobrunn, Germany. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy statement, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.